INTERESTED in MAIL ART?
- AND - - BY - - OR SEE -
Ruud Janssen, Mail Artist, publisher of mail-interviews, founder of the IUOMA & the TAM Rubber Stamp Archive, and basically all that has to do with mail art...
Look at latest changes of this site at: OVERVIEW UPDATES or see my IUOMA-BLOG where most recent mail-art coming in and going out is documented or the TAM-PUBLICATIONS BLOG where you can find information on the publications I made, the overview of PAINTED CD'S I made , TAM RUBBER STAMP ARCHIVE BLOG where you can view the content of the archive or TAM & RUUD FINDINGS where I document my latest online project in which you can participate. There is also a mirror-site for the MAIL-INTERVIEW PROJECT in case the other site is not available. Last but not least the TAM WAS HERE collection - A Mail-Art Project I did in 1983-1986
If you are looking for recent MAIL ART PROJECTS then click on this link. It is a blog with lots of projects filled by lots of mail-artists. Want to be active in this: just send me an e-mail! Also direct links to Archives that are placed here: IUOMA BLOG ARCHIVE and the MAIL-ART PROJECTS ARCHIVE or the STATISTICAL DATA details and how I place them on my sites and blogs. For a real MAIL-ART DISCUSSION there is a blog too, and the latest projects I started are the MAIL-ARTISTS SELFPORTRAITS where I ask mail-artists to send in a photo of themselves (old or new, digital or snail-mail) and the ALPHABET BOOKLETS PROJECT where Add and Pass-on Letters on booklets will circle the world and eventually will form words.
TAM - PUBLICATIONS | INTERVIEWS | UNION - NEWS | MAIL ART LINKS | FAQ
This is the site from TAM; that is the name most people in the mail art network know me by. What Mail Art is you ask? Well, I have tried a lot of times to explain that and to be honest, I guess not a lot of people understood it. But then again, the people who have stumbled onto mail art as well, mostly understand me all too well, and understand the stories that mail artists tell. Basically it has to do with creative communication. There I go again, trying to explain the impossible thing...... If you want to get in contact with other mail-artists just leave a note in the messageboard attached to this site (see on the right) or join the IUOMA-Group.
You can also read the new IUOMA blog at: NEW IUOMA BLOG 2015 which is a blog made to access all the sources I have put online, including this old-fashioned looking website.
Click to subscribe to iuoma.
Visit International Union of Mail-Artists
TAM stands for Travelling Art Mail, and under this name I have been doing mail art for more then 30 years now. Seems like a long time, but actually so far it still is a very important period in my life with new contacts , travels and other undertakings.... The IUOMA stands for International Union of Mail Artists and is now 21 years old! On this site there is a special section of the IUOMA as well.
Ruud Janssen - TAM
4801 BB - BREDA
N E T H E R L A N D S
(c) 1996-2017 by TAM / IUOMA
- If you are interested in the MAIL-INTERVIEW project , this is something that I have been doing since 1994.
I have interviewed mail artists and have published the results as well....... Find out more about which mail artists are interviewed and read the old NEWSLETTER of the MAIL-INTERVIEW PROJECT (November 1998). All unfinished interviews were added to the site since November 25th 2001 as well......
- If you are interested in the I.U.O.M.A. , or the International Union of Mail Artists, here you can discover how to become a member, and read more about the history of the I.U.O.M.A. in the Newsletter that was published for starting the IUOMA and have an overview of the available LOGOS for the IUOMA.
- If you want to know a bit more details about RUUD JANSSEN
then this is the chance to find out some biographic details.
These pages are updated with the latest details, so you are able to follow me as my life goes on. Since August 1997 there is a PHOTO-SECTION where you can get a glimpse of how I look like nowadays. Also there is a section with RECENT ART that I have made. This includes my most recent acryl-paints , work with Indian ink and watercolours , eraser-carvings and even an example of my computer-art. Since June 1998 there is a file where I show digital photos of MAIL ART I sent out from which the receiver made a digital image. There are the older exhibitions as well at: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , if you are interested in what I sent out the last year.
- I also started the TAM - RUBBER STAMP ARCHIVE . If you want to know more then here is a chance to find out some details about that. This Archive closed in 2002for a short while but opened again in 2004 and will be a source for researchers and exhibitions. Latest details you can find at the TAM RUBBER STAMP ARCHIVE BLOG where you can view the content of the archive as well.
- For the last years I have been sending lots of other texts into the network. Besides the printed versions the texts are online now as well at: TAM-PUBLICATIONS and a special BLOG to promote the latest details: TAM-PUBLICATIONS BLOG
A large part of this overview deals with my THOUGHTS about MAIL-ART that I have published.
You have access to THOUGHTS #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16 , 17 , 18 or read the OVERVIEW of these statements. I also started a serie of secret thoughts about mail art, where I write like in a diary my thoughts in the months September , October, November and December 1997. Access them at : 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , and in 1998 the serie continued (January till May 1998) at: 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 . In the future I might continue this serie.
- Since June 1997 a Guestbook is added to this site. You can Sign the Guestbook or
View the Guestbook
. But for private messages send me an e-mail. There is access to older entries in the guestbook as well: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 .
- For a log time now lots of mail-artists have started their own homepages on the internet. A list of the links which are sorted by country is available for you, so you can have a look at the work of other mail-artists as well.ACCESS the list of MAIL ART LINKS. There is also a list with over 70 BLOG's at the bottom of this overview.
- The latest additions areħ the Frequently Asked Questions - page , on which I (will) answer questions that people ask me all the time. Another addition since May 2003 is the overview of extreme Mailings to TAM / IUOMA , started in May 2003 and in 2007 also direct links to Archives that are placed here: IUOMA BLOG Archive AND MAIL-ART PROJECTS ARCHIVE
(c) 1996-2018 by TAM / IUOMA. mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
MAIN PAGE | TAM-Publications | I.U.O.M.A. | Links | TAM Rubber Stamp Archive | Ruud Janssen | Mail-Interviews | Thoughts about Mail Art | Guestbook | F.A.Q. | MAIL ART | IUOMA-BLOG | TAM-PUBLICATIONS | TAM and RUUD findings | Mail-Art of the Week